Dear Students Incoming to SUM under the Erasmus + Program,
in connection with the spread of COVID-19 virus and among others:
– suspension of didactic classes for students by Polish universities according to a national decision until March 25, and at the Silesian Medical University in Katowice in accordance with the SUM Rector’s Resolution until March 29 this year (you can download at the bottom of the page and see appendix),
– suspension of foreign business trips of students, doctoral students and SUM employees (Rector’s Resolution at the bottom of the page and the appendix),
– temporary limitation of the functioning of medical universities, in accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Health of March 11, 2020,
I kindly inform you about current solutions introduced in connection with the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
1) In accordance with the Regulation of the Minister of Health of On March 11, 2020, didactic classes at first-cycle, second-cycle and uniform master’s degrees as well as post-graduate studies should be carried out using distance learning methods and techniques.
In connection with the above, we would like to inform you that the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice is ready to conduct teaching classes remotely.
The system is available to all students and to all fields of study at the University. Currently, over 1000 courses are available in our database and this database is constantly growing.
In addition, the opportunity to conduct live classes with full interaction between participants was launched.
Soon all students will be informed about the way of carrying out suspended activities at a distance, so that the didactic process is not
(according to the SUM Rector’s Announcement of March 13, 2020)
2) Erasmus + Program Students who stay in the SUM and do not want to interrupt their mobility will be treated in the same way as Polish students and will receive full access to distance classes.
3) Erasmus + Program Students who stay in the SUM and want to interrupt their mobility and return to their country are asked to follow the guidelines of the Coordinators of their home University and the governmental institutions of their home countries.
All documents regarding the course and duration of their mobility will be issued after phone and email contact (tel. +48 798 027 859 or email ) and sent by e-mail. If the home university requires original documentation, the documents will be sent by post to the university’s contact address at a later date.
In addition, I would like to inform you that in accordance with the announcement given by Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki and Minister of Health Łukasz Szumowski from March 15 this year:
• border controls and a quarantine obligation for Poles returning to Poland are introduced,
• for 10 days the borders of our country are closed to foreigners,
• international passenger air and rail connections are suspended,
• it is possible to leave Poland by road at border crossings. Restrictions apply to entering the country.